Monday, December 14, 2015

DOHERTY calls for AIB to publish ALL 3rd Party Operational Instructions

Fine Gael TD for Meath East, Regina Doherty has called on AIB to publish any and all operations instructions issued to 3rd parties acting on its behalf in debt recovery.

Speaking after the recent revelations that a private investigator working on behalf of AIB is facing criminal charges, Doherty said “for months I have been working with a gentleman who is desperately trying to avoid AIB repossessing his home.

“A number of months my constituent asked if I could help. I have written multiple letters, made numerous calls, and even had a meeting with AIB CEO Bernard Byrne, in a bid to reach a mutually beneficial resolution to all parties involved. I sought personally at the meeting the operational instructions issued by AIB directing 3rd parties acting on their behalf."

“The accusations which have been made against the agents in question are of the most serious nature. I am confident and beyond satisfied that the criminal investigation initiated by the Assistant Data Protection Commissioner will be executed with the level of professionalism and seriousness required. I am also pleased to know that the Department of Social Protection is cooperating fully with the Assistant Commissioner.

“Notwithstanding this, AIB continues to pursue a man for the repossession of his home.

“Today, I have made a fresh request to AIB’s Bernard Byrne to issue to me a copy of any and all operational instructions for agents who act on behalf of AIB with their customers. Additionally, I have written to the Joint Oireachtas Committee for Finance, of which I am a member, and asked that they too request this documentation from AIB."

No comments: