Tuesday, November 17, 2015

DOHERTY attends Bruton book launch

Fine Gael TD for Meath East, Regina Doherty, has congratulated former Taoiseach John Bruton on the launch of his book, ‘Faith in Politics’.

The Meath East TD said “I was honoured to be invited to attend former Taoiseach John Bruton’s book launch last night which was launched by Brian Hayes MEP. John has gained and earned a wealth of experience over the years and his collection of essays launched last night contains a meaningful insight into both national and international politics.

“I have learned a great amount from John over the years and I feel incredibly lucky to have had him there as a mentor when I first entered into politics. John’s perspective and viewpoint on politics is one which I hold in great regard and I am very much looking forward to, quite literally, taking a leaf out of his book as I continue to progress and excel in my own political career for the many years ahead.

Concluding, Doherty said “I wish John all the very best with his book “Faith in Politics” and on his own future endeavours. John signed a copy of his book for me last night (photograph attached), addressing it to his 'successor in politics'; certainly big boots to fill but I will continue to put my all into filling them.”     

No comments: