Meath County Board is currently accepting applications for the position of "Ratoath CLG - Club Development Project Coordinator". The position based in Ratoath/Ashbourne area is open to eligible candidates under the "JobBridge - National Internship Scheme".
CATEGORY OF INTERNSHIP: Club Development Project Coordinator ASSIGNED TO: Ratoath GAA Club, Ratoath, Co. Meath SUPERVISOR: Mick Brazil, Club Chair MENTOR: Brian Carberry, County Coaching Officer PROPOSED TIMELINE: February - October
SECTION 1 DESCRIPTION, ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will gain practical experience in relation to coordinating Games Development and Skill Development Initiatives within Ratoath GAA Club. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following; Coaching & Games Development. On completion the intern will have attained skills in IT as well as enhancing their interpersonal, organisational, communication, administrative, coaching and games development skills.The intern will be accountable to and supervised by Mick Brazil. Brian Carberry, County Coaching Officer, will act as mentor to the intern and assist the intern’s professional development.The intern will be responsible for the implementation of a project/set of projects as outlined in GAA Games Development Policy within Ratoath GAA Club and in associated Community/Schools.The intern will be responsible for the following:A. Supporting the supervisor in their day-to-day activities including
- Communicating with groups within the Club, associated Schools and Community;
- Maintaining key lines of communication with project stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of the project(s);
- Implementing audits within the Club and associated Schools in relation to Player Development, Coaching Standards, Facilities and Resources.
- Working with the County Board team and liaising with Provincial and County Games Development Personnel.B. Organising and coordinating in conjunction with the supervisor:
- Games Opportunities – a regular programme of games appropriate to the age and ability of playing groups at Child/Primary, Youth/Secondary and Adult/Club as well as Adult/Recreational.
- Skill Development Initiatives – coaching and skill development initiatives – primarily through the Club/School link - appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at Child/Primary and Youth/Secondary.
- Education Programmes – a programme of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees to fulfill their various functions in a Games Development context.
- Support Initiatives – to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within the Club and associated Schools to develop Gaelic Games effectively in the community.C. Complete any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the supervisor.Please Note: This is an internship. An Allowance of €50 per week will be paid in addition to your current Social Welfare payment.See eligibility criteria above.
SECTION 2 SKILLS REQUIREMENT
The ideal candidate is a quick learner with an excellent work ethic. The following skills are desirable:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Administrative and IT skills
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships
- Time management skills i.e. reliable and punctual, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
SECTION 3 SUPERVISORMick Brazil, Club Chair, will act as supervisor during the internship
SECTION 4 MENTOR
SECTION 5 DURATIONNine Months
SECTION 6 DAYS, HOURS & START DATEThe intern must be able to work and attend evening and weekend meetings/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.DAYS PER WEEK: To be advised/ Flexible
HOURS PER DAY: To be advised/ Flexible
HOURS PER WEEK: 30-40 hours
START DATE: February 2012
SECTION 7 EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSThird Level qualification is desirable.GAA Foundation Level Coaching Qualification is desirable.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Gaelic Games.
Applicants can Download the STANDARD APPLICATION FORM HERE and
SECTION 8 APPLICATIONS
post FOR THE ATTENTION OF: HANNAH HORAN, ÁRAS LAIGHEAN, PORTLAOISE, CO. LAOIS
Or via e-mail hannah.horan.leinster@
Please submit applications before Jan 20th, 2012. If you have queries, please contact hannah.horan.
SECTION 8 OTHER INFORMATION
- Ratoath GAA: http://www.ratoathgaa.ie
- Job Bridge website: http://www.jobbridge.
- JobBridge reference: Click on this link to access the JobBrisge Intern website reference
- Meath GAA reference: http://www.jobbridge.gaa.ie/
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Ratoath GAA lub Job_Bridge_Club_Development_PM
Posted by Regina Doherty TD at Tuesday, January 17, 2012